- This event has passed.
Spring Field Day 2018
October 7, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Introduction to bees and beekeeping Spring management workshop & field day
Program will include;
- Spring Management – optimising the opportunities of the season including hands on manipulation of hives
- Assessing colony health, queen performance – reading the brood
- Honey bee nutrition – anticipating colony needs for nectar and pollen
- Pests and disease – identification and management options
- Honey harvesting for small operations
- Hardware assembly, small scale extracting, flow hive discussion and more!
- Floral resources of NE Victoria
Redpaths Beekeeping Supplies will be in attendance on the day and will take orders prior to the workshop. Visit http://www.redpaths.com.au/
Participants are asked to bring with them any personal protective equipment they own and a chair for seating outdoors. Veils will be available for purchase on the day. Please bring own wide brimmed hat.
Covered shoes, long pants and long sleeves are required dress code.
All smokers/ hivetools etc for working with hives will be supplied by Committee members
Register via Eventbrite listing here https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/neaa-spring-field-day-registration-49594362072